So I thought I would share what I typically carry with me when I’m out and about. I consider this a light package. When I’m actually at an event I know I will take tons of pictures, there will be a bit more in my bag. But overall, this is good enough for most situations.
Here’s what is typically in my camera bag, unless otherwise noted:
I have (going from left to right, starting at the top left):
- Canon 600 EX-RT Speedlite
- A Better Bounce Card (large)
- Canon 24-105mm f/4 L IS lens
- Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens
- Canon 5D Mark III
- Western Digital 2TB external USB hard drive (only if I'm bringing my Macbook Pro)
- Extra SD memory cards
- Flashlight keychain
- Lens wipes (I use Zeiss Pre-Moistened Lens Cloths Wipes)
- Extra AA batteries (rechargeable, for flash)
- Extra LP-E6 batteries (for DSLR)
- ThinkTank Retrospective 30 camera bag
In the future, I will definitely do a post of what’s in my camera bag when I’m doing a full day event. You may be surprised as to how much this bag can fit.