I went to Singapore over the weekend (April 21-25) for Red Dot Ruby Conf. It was my first time to Singapore. I didn’t travel around too much, as I was in a conference for two full days (Friday and Saturday).
Some things I noticed about Singapore:
- No mosquitoes
- Hot and humid like Bangkok, but more pleasant
- Plenty of jay-walkers
- Seems the major things to do are shop and eat
- 3G is everywhere, generally very good
- Singlish takes some getting used to
- Singapore is full of folks from everywhere
- Super clean everywhere
- No traffic– seems well managed
I ate out often at hawker centers.
Checked out Orchard Road.
Also had the chance to visit Hackerspace
Full album here.